Rosary Marathon to End Pandemic
Tomorrow we begin the month of May, a month for us to grow closer to the Blessed Mother.
The Word Among Us
We have 100 copies of the May issue of
The Word Among Us
. Ask an usher for a copy. It contains readings for daily and Sunday Masses.
I imagine that the May issue of our diocesan newspaper will become available tomorrow at
. It will include new clergy assignments. One of my priest friends will be moving. I haven't heard much more than that.
St. Joseph the Worker
We start the month of May by celebrating the feast of St. Joseph the Worker. We're in the middle of a year dedicated to St. Joseph.
Prayer for an End to the Pandemic
"Pope Francis invites Catholics and Marian Shrines around the world to dedicate the month of May to a marathon of prayer for an end to the Covid-19 pandemic."
New cases continue to decline quite nicely in the United States. See
NJ is now the 6th worst state. We were 1st or 2nd for a long time. We're poised to move from red to orange tomorrow.
Ocean County used to be the worst county. We're now the 4th best county in NJ.
Many of us are eager to see more and more restrictions lifted. NYC could lift most restrictions on July 1st. I sure hope NJ does so too.
Here are a few payer requests to get us started.
1) For an end to the pandemic through the intercession of the Blessed Mother.
2) For our 8th graders who will be confirmed on May 4th.
3) For Cub Scout Pack 44 and Boy Scout Troop 441 as they continue to meet on our campus.
4) For the Surviving Divorce group that meets on Tuesday evenings, may they continue to learn how to cope with divorce or separation and grow closer to the Lord.
5) For the new Bereavement group that will begin meeting on May 19th, may they be consoled.
6) For those suffering from COVID-19 in India and other hot spots.
7) For greater devotion to Jesus Christ, our savior.
God love you,
Fr. Jim O'Neill
on Friday, April 30 at 2:23PM