I apologize for forgetting to include intercessions on Fridays the last few weeks. Change is hard. Today, I remember.
Learning from history can help us understand the present. Here's an intriguing article, "
Our Fourth-Century Christianity
". The problems and solution in the 4th century may inspire us to look for a similar 21st century solution to our current societal problems.
Equality Act Discriminates
The USCCB just posted a call to action at
It states, "The Equality Act discriminates against people of faith and threatens unborn life. Tell Congress to oppose it!"
Weather & 1st Sunday of Lent
It looks like we'll see the sun this weekend. It'll be a good time for us to hear the message of the 1st Sunday of Lent: Repent, and believe in the gospel.
Thank you for prayers for my sister Theresa. Her hand surgery went well. She had a headache but feels much better today. The roads were surprisingly good considering the interesting weather.
Here are a few more intercessions. Feel free to add your own by clicking on the Reply button in this message.
1) For all those adversely affected by the weather.
2) That our society will once again see the truth that we are made in the image and likeness of God, male and female.
3) For greater protection of the unborn.
4) For the conversion of Catholic politicians at odds with Catholic teaching.
5) For our parish, that we may flourish in the midst of this pandemic.
God love you,
Fr. Jim O'Neill
on Friday, February 19 at 4:43PM