Pray for Our Nation
Atlanticom visited yesterday and found a faulty equalizer. Once they removed it, the sound was much louder. I've checked the YouTube audio. It doesn't have that buzz anymore. So, I think the sound problems are solved. If there's any more trouble, then please let us know.
How to make sense of the Capitol violence?
Among the variety of responses, I've noticed several people grappling for meaning. While we condemn the violence, Jesus commands us to love our enemies and all neighbors. In order to love them, we need to know them, ourselves, and our society better. We need to know Jesus and love Him more.
I've been reading articles and commentary at
National Catholic Register
The Catholic Thing
. I'm not sure if there's one article that makes sense of all this chaos. However, I have found that reading many of the articles is helping me to get a grip on what is happening.
In order to "live together as brothers" we need to acknowledge Jesus as our savior. We're not going to save our nation without Him. In order to begin healing in our nation, let's pray:
1) For healing in our nation and openness to true dialogue.
2) For the humility to speak the truth in charity.
3) For our families to live good, virtuous, and holy lives.
4) That the elite in our society would experience conversion to the truth and grow in humility.
5) For the protection of the most vulnerable among us.
I added a little section on our main webpage for Sunday resources. Visit our website at
God love you,
Fr. Jim O'Neill
on Friday, January 8 at 11:06AM